Meeting point: At Port Gate (photos below)
07:00 – 07:30 Be picked up by our driver and tour guide at the port entrance gate. We will transfer from port to Hanoi (approx. 2.5 hours driving).
10:00 Upon arrival in Hanoi, we will proceed the tour to explore the beautiful capital city of Vietnam. Our first stop is the Temple of Literature, which was originally built as a temple to Confucius, the first university of Vietnam.
11:30 Continue to visit the infamous Hoa Lo Prison Museum, also known as the ‘’Hanoi Hilton’’ and was where former US presidential candidate John McCain was incarcerated for over 5 years.
13:00 Our guide and driver will take you out to visit all the culinary hotspots of Hanoi. Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanoi’s Old Quarter, we tempt our taste buds with one choice of main dish at a local eatery among below meals for lunch:
- Fresh rice noodles with grilled pork and herbs (bún chả – Obama approved!)
- Steamed Rice Rolls (bánh cuốn)
- Noodle soup dishes such as Chicken/Beef Pho (Phở)
- Noodle soup with shredded chicken, eggs, steam pork cake (bún thang)
- Crab paste Vermicelli Soup (bún riêu cua)
14:00 Go on a 1-hour cyclo tour of the French inspired “old quarter”, you will be driven through the busy streets, passing by notable locations of the city such as the St. Joseph’s Cathedral, Hoan Kiem Lake and Sunbeam Bridge to Jade Mountain Temple.
15:00 We sit down at a café shop on the famous Train Street of Hanoi. The train will run pass this area while we enjoy our coffee here. Recharge your energy for the day ahead, try out the city’s most famous drinks such as coffee with condensed milk (Bac Xiu) or egg coffee. Waits for the train to pass until it is time for us to proceed with a transfer to the port
16:00 Trip ends with our driver and guide escorting you safely back to the port in good time for your ship’s departure. Thanks for traveling with Shore Excursions Asia!
Meal: Lunch (+Coffee).
Note: Timing and order of visit may vary, subject to ship’s docking times, weather and traffic
- English-Speaking-Guide (licensed)
- Chartered AC car/coach including high-way and parking fee
- Entrance fee, port fee and permits (if have)
- Local Lunch (Western/Indian/Vegan meals available upon request)
- Cyclo tour
- Bottled drinking water
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages at restaurants
- Tips for Guide and Driver